Explore the breathtakingly beautiful Peru with the best all inclusive trip planned out well in advance (or at the last minute if that’s your style!).
Starting in the historical centre of Lima, you’ll experience the following:
– The only desert Oasis in South America on your tour to Huacachina, ride the dune buggies, which includes the option of sandboarding
– Take a flight over the famous Nazca Lines
– Trek through the second deepest canyon in the World, Colca Canyon
– Tour the Volcanic ash covered city of Arequipa
– Take a boat ride on the world’s highest navigable lake; Titicaca, including a day tour to the floating Islands of Uros
– Visit various Inca and pre Inca ruins on the Ruta del Sol to Cusco
– City ruins tour, South Valley tour and the Sacred Valley tour in Cusco
– Rainbow Mountain
– Machu Picchu tour from Aguas Calientes
– The Amazon jungle in Manu national park
and much more!
The perfect mix of culture rich cities, civilisations dating back hundreds to thousands of years, set in the heart of nature, is Peru travel summarised for you. Dana’s Tours has the 20-day trips to Peru planned out in detail. Read ahead for more info and contact us to book now!
Arrival in Lima, met by your tour conductor (if organised) at the airport and taken to be checked into your hotel and adjust to the timezone if you are travelling internationally, before taking you to see Huaca Pucllana, a pre-Inca site located in the heart of Miraflores!
We can also take you on a city tour in Lima, spots to eat, shops, local culture and make sure you are comfortable with your surroundings before having an early night to start the tour the following day.
– Main Square/Plaza De Armas
– Government Palace/Palacio de Govierno
– Santo Domingo/Catacombs: Constructed nearly 500 years ago, the Santa Domingo church boasts amazing Spanish artworks shipped over during the period of the conquistadores. Walk through history here before entering the eerie catacombs, where the remains of over 70,000 people are held.
– Larcomar: An amazing Shopping center built into the side of the cliffs in Miraflores with panoramic views of the beach and ocean.
– Park of Love/Parque Del Amor.
Early in the morning, we’ll take a private vehicle to Huacachina to check into your accommodation, and have the option of riding the dune buggies sandboarding on the famous dunes.
Overnight stay in Nazca.
Nazca Lines are the highlight of a traveller in Peru. This day, we’ll head for the Nazca Lines tour and take a flight over the famous lines.
Then, we’ll return to Lima to check in to our hotel and stay the night.
In the morning, we’ll take a flight from Lima to Arequipa and check-in at our hotel. Thereafter, you can choose either of the following two options to spend your day here.
Option #1:AREQUIPA / CITY TOUR IN AREQUIPA
Check-in at the hotel from 13:00hrs.
– Starting at the Plaza de Armas at 14:00 and take in the panoramic views before boarding the panoramic bus
– The viewpoint of Carmen Alto and Yanahuara and like the traditional Cayma district
– Stop at the Incalpaca zoo & outlet, where we will see the 4 varieties of camelids
– Visit the artificial lakes called Tingo, Sachaca.
– The mansion of the Founder (colonial house that holds colonial and republican times artifacts)
– The mill of Sabandía with its construction dating to the 16th century
– Crossing the district of Paucarpata with its Andean pre – Inca
Return to the city. (Optional)– finish the tour in the Traditional Arequipaña restaurant and enjoy the famous local dishes “Arequipeños” ** STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!!
**Duration: 4 hours.
Option #2: PEDESTRIAN CITY TOUR – 14:00hrs
Monastery of Santa Catalina visit – Four different centuries of Arequipeñan architecture. View the “Las celdas Intrusas” (the rooms that the female monks lived in, prayed in and never left), streets and cloisters full of colorful flowers and walls painted in fresh dyes. The narrow alleys lead to diverse parts of the convent and dorms/rooms still intact from hundreds of years ago. You’ll feel like you’re lost in time!
Visit the main square, one of the most beautiful in Peru; the Jesuit Church, and view the mestizo architecture (Spanish and Indian). See their cloisters and dome, the house of Tristan del Pozo and understand what the colonial past was like. This is where they bartered all products coming from the coast, mountain and overseas and where the craftsmen and tailors went about their work. This will immerse you in the way of life in historical Arequipa
**Duration: 3 hours. **Night of accommodation in Arequipa
AREQUIPA / CHIVAY
Start the day with a nice breakfast at the hotel
7:30 – 8 am pickups through the different hotels
Start our journey to one of the deepest canyons in the world, taking the Yura road, bordering the snowy Chachani volcano and heading towards Pampa Cañahuas (National Reserve of Aguada Blanca and Salinas), a habitat of the beautiful South American camelids, the vicuñas
In the bofedales (wetlands) of Tocra, we can appreciate the variety of migratory birds, among which are the flamingos
We will pass through the crater of an extinct volcano (Chucura). We will stop at the viewpoint of the volcanoes, which is also the highest part of the road (4,800 masl), from where we will appreciate much of the western mountain range.
Arrival in Chivay 13:30 to 14:00 Approximately
Check-in at the hotel & late lunch
17:00 In the evening we’ll visit the thermal baths in La Calera and have the option to enter the Thermo medicinal waters
**Overnight stay/Night accommodation in Chivay – Colca
CHIVAY/COLCA CANYON – CHIVAY/AREQUIPA
06:30 Head to the viewpoint of the cross of the condor strategic point of observation of the canyon and the spectacular flight of the condor
On the return we will stop in the towns of Pinchollo, Maca, and Yanque; that still have beautiful colonial churches, as well as in the viewpoints of Choquetico and Antahuilque. From where we will observe the impressive andenería (The Andes) of the valley, the pre-Inca tombs, and pre-Inca scale models.
We’ll take a private vehicle in the evening to arrive in Puno the following morning.
Approx 7:30 am – Transfer from the hotel to the Port of Puno
– Travel and guided tour on the Island of the Uros
– Travel by motorboat to the Island of Amantani
– Lunch at the local family’s house
– Guided walking tour to the pre-Inca temple of Pachatata:
– Dinner together with the host family
– Overnight stay in the family house
– Approx 8 am: Travel by motorboat to the island of Taquile
– Guided tour on the island of Taquile
– Lunch at the home of a local family
– Return to the port of Puno
– 3-4 pm: Transfer from the port to your hotel
– Pickup approx 7 am
THE STEP OF THE RAYA (4,335 MSNM)
The border between the cities of Cusco and Puno, at more than 4335m. This is where the famous snowy CHIMBOYA lives, and where the AMAZON river is born. Tourists will be able to stop for a quick drink and take landscape photos. The visit lasts from 5 to 10 minutes. **IMPORTANT. Visiting time lasts between 5 to 10 minutes. We recommend bringing an extra coat. We also recommend the consumption of coca tea to counter any altitude sickness.
THE LIKEN MUSEUM OF PUKARA. (3,900 MSNM)
This museum highlights the culture that developed and flourished from1600 BC to 400 AD. Located at 106 km from the city of Puno, in this Museum we can find ceramics and sculptures representing zoo figures, including. The famous sculpture of the HATUNÑAQAC that in our times would translate as the supreme slaughterer.
IMPORTANT. The visit lasts 30 minutes. You’re not allowed to film or take Photos Inside.
RESTAURANT TURISTICO LA PASCANA.
Buffet lunch (included in the price of the ticket) at the tourist restaurant LA PASCANA quegoza de Buen prestige which is known for the cuisine of the chef. This is located strategically outside the town of Sicuani. The buffet consists of a broad range of national and regional food; including entrees, veggies, garnishes, rich desserts, hot drinks (coca tea, coffee or tea) which is included in the price of the passage. **IMPORTANT. lunch lasts 40 minutes / Drinks (water, soda or beer) are not included in the buffet.
THE CHAPEL OF ANDAHUAYLILLAS. (3,093m)
A church dating from the seventeenth century AKA La Sistina de Los Andes, known for the beauty of its murals, works of gold and paintings. **IMPORTANT. The visit lasts 25 minutes / No filming allowed/taking Photos Inside.
THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL COMPLEX OF RAQCHI. (3,450 MSNM)
Known as well like the Temple of the god WIRACOCHA, which was the supreme Inca deity. Here, we also find the largest number of magnificent stone buildings and Adobes.
IMPORTANT. The visit takes 40 minutes / we recommend the use of hats and sunscreen.
We recommend joining the free walking tour (which costs tips at the end as is customary), which will take you around the beautiful city of Cusco and help you acclimatise to the altitude.
Afterward, you’ll be free to explore on your own take in the sites, purchase souvenirs, explore local culture and find some nice spots to eat!
Cusco Inca Tour – ½ Day
Starting at around 10:00 am, we’ll visit:
– Puca Pucara
**This tour is half a day
Rainbow Mountain – 1 Day
This tour is our adventure hike. We leave around 7 am and head to the community of Palcoyo, where we begin our hike to the rainbow mountain Peru.
We’ll take some time here, take photos and enjoy the untouched scenery until we are ready to leave, then head back to Cusco.
– Hotel pickup (approx 7am)
– Pisac Ruins
– Pisac Artisian Markets
– Andino Buffet Lunch
– Maras Moray & Salineras
This is an all day tour.
– Hotel pickup (approx 7-730am)
– Vehicle to Ollantaytambo
– Buffet lunch at Hidroelectrica (included)
– Trek to Aguas Calientes (Approx 12km)
– Check in at Machu Picchu accommodation & dinner (included).
– Briefing with your guide for the following day
OPTIONAL CHANGE – Train from Ollantaytambo, removing the scenic hike to Aguas Calienites. $120 USD Extra. Please advise your contact at Dana’s Tours if you’d like these details.
In the morning you’ll either take the bus uphill for a 20 minute zig zag ride to the entrance of Machu Picchu or you can walk the stairs – Highly recommended. To be at the site for 6am entry tickets, we recommend leaving your accommodation at 4am.
You’ll meet your guide at the entrance, who will take you on a tour of the complex. The tour lasts about two hours, and after that you’ll have time to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
After the tour, you’ll return to Aguas Calientes (we recommend taking the bus, approx. $12 USD)
You’ll then need to board your train to head back to Hidroelectrica at 13:30, where your transport will be waiting to take you back to Cusco.
– Departure from the city of Cusco early in the morning
– Visit the Pre Inca tombs of Ninamarca
– Paucartambo, a typical colonial town
– Descend through the Cloud Forest
– Lunch en route (box lunch)
– Continue to the cultural zone of Manu National Park amid the cloud forest at 1700 meters. (5100 feet) where we will spend our first night
After an early breakfast we continue our bus trip, crossing the high jungle, arriving at the town of Pilcopata, and continue to the port of Atalaya where we will have lunch.
This place is located on the banks of the Alto Madre de Dios River, 700 meters above sea level. From here we will begin the descent by the river for approximately 15 minutes.
We can observe the huge diversity of bird species; Herons, Vultures, Cormorants, etc as we continue up to our Reservation Private “Erika” where we will walk the amazing trails of this transitional point between high and low jungle.
The Erika hostel is located in an area transitional between high and low jungle (500m/1,550m). The different altitudes give place to different habitat, which creates a high diversity of wildlife. Our guide will take us through mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, medicinal plants and more.
Overnight stay will be at the hostel here.
From the town of Pilcopata, we can go for approx. 1.5 hours of canoeing by the tropical river of Kosñipata , passing for the spectacular Pongo de Koñeq where we will stop to enjoy the scenery and the crystalline waters. We will continue until we reach our Private Reservation called “Erika”.
Very early we take our boat and sail for 10 minutes to the Collpa , a clay wall of the river where we’ll see the different species of parrots, like the blue-headed parakeet, eye white and possibly the macaw Maracano, among others that come down each morning to extract and lick pieces of clay which contain the rich minerals required for their survival.
At the end of this activity , we return to our Erika hostel for breakfast and afterwards, we’ll board the boat to the port of Atalaya, where we take the bus to the city of Cusco.
**The operator may take the liberty to change the order of the activities.
- Nazca Lines Flight
- All Travel to and from locations mentioned in the itinerary (busses, boats, vans etc)
- All accommodation (Min 3 Star)
- All breakfasts
- 10+ Lunches
- 3+ Dinners
- All tour tickets mentioned in the itinerary inc Machu Picchu, Colca Canyon
- Amazon Tour
- Rainbow Mountain
- Cusco City Tour
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary inc. taxis, restaurants, extra activities (but we'll help you find the best, cheapest and safest providers)